Monday 2 June 2014

Action at Home


The 3rd part of the International Citizen Service (after fundraising and the overseas placement) is an Action at Home project. It is a chance to share your stories and experience of international development, and to make a positive social change in your local community. There is lots of information at: http://www.volunteerics.org/action-at-home and once you are back from your placement you go to a returned volunteers training weekend.

I wanted to raise awareness about the lack of sanitation and to share in general about the opportunities that ICS gives you. Apart from my blog, I wrote an article for my university newspaper and wrote a press release for my local paper. I also joined the Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead branch of Soroptimist International for a meeting as they had given me a donation.

The link for the article in my local paper is:

I will update my other article in a separate post.
My certificate from Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment